5 Dashboard signs you should never ignore18-Jun-2020
Dashboard warning signs, their importance & causes
Your car can continuously track functions of various car systems and keep an eye on its predetermined outcomes. In case of any unusual behaviour in the systems, it conveys this error to you via warning sign indicators. Every car owner should understand the meaning of this warning signs & also how it is related to various car systems. This becomes very handy in the emergency for a car owner to take appropriate measures to solve the issue occurred.
1. Check Engine Light: If you keep driving the car while Check Engine Light on, you risk increasing the problem with your car engine. This sign indicates internal engine problems such as emission faults, loose gaps in gaskets, worn camshaft etc.
2. Low Oil Pressure: Powertrain control module (PCM) module monitors oil pressure via the oil pressure sensor. A low oil level should be addressed immediately to prevent engine damage. This sign indicates a low oil level, internal engine problems, or faulty pressure sensor.
3. High Engine Temperature: This sign indicates an engine overheating problem. You should immediately stop your car and address this issue. Sometimes due to engine overheating, coolant comes out of the radiator and without coolant you should not drive your car as it leads to engine locking. There are many reasons to engine overheating like damage to head gasket, insufficient coolant etc. In such scenarios, you should report to the nearest car mechanic or contact your car service provider for guidance.
4. Charging system malfunction: Low battery charging level, damaged wiring or faulty alternator are the potential causes which trigger this warning sign. This may end up in the roadside car breakdown and you have to seek help on the side of the road with your thumb in the wind. Hence it’s essential to take care of your car battery and its terminals regularly.
5. Anti-lock brake system malfunction: ABS has saved many lives till the date, it’s a very useful feature in the car. ABS prevents your car from getting wheel locked when you apply emergency car breaks. You also have to be very careful & prompt when it comes to taking care of this important system. When ABS warning light switches on that means your car is now working on a traditional braking system, which compromises your safety. You need to fix the ABS issue ASAP and enhance the braking ability of your car.
There are the top dashboard warning signs, their importance & causes. To keep your car rolling smooth & in good health, you should always pay attention to these warning indicators and solve them by contacting car repair & service providers. We are at Car Mechanics Online, deliver expert car mechanics to fix any car issue at your doorstep in Mumbai. You can simply call us on +91 993090778 or reach out to us at carmechanicsonline.com